baby growth

Mar 28, 2009

Earth Hour

It's officially over, Earth Hour 2009. I admit that I was not sure how pro-environment Malaysians are. I mean, switching of the lights for an hour for most people I know is too much trouble: "I have toddlers at home", "It's not compulsory, right?", "It's just a hype, a publicity stunt; people will revert to their energy-wasting ways after the Hour, so why bother?"

I won't waste time here trying to prove the significance we can make globally by participating in the Earth Hour project. I'm just glad to say that I was part of it. And in the darkness that enveloped my home between 830 to 930 tonight, I watched from my bedroom window the show of support, of total darkness of my immediate neighbours, and I know... that our hearts are in the right place.


So, Earth, Here's to you!


The KL Skyline
The Petronas Twin Towers disappeared into the night.

KL is with Earth!

Pictures from Reuters via yahoo news

The next one will be a blast.

Signing out: Psyched despite it being midnight

No comments: