baby growth

Nov 8, 2009

RIHANNA OPENING UP AND SURVIVING WITHOUT HIM

Nine months ago, the entertainment industry shook us with the story of a woman being beaten and abused by a man inside his car. She left to seek help from the police.

The next day, news came out that it was Rihanna and Chris Brown.

A few more days later, photos of her battered face and swollen lips circulated the Internet. There was major uproar; some people said some things, people were horrified, concerts were cancelled and then...

Rihanna went back to Chris.

Six months ago, I posted something in the likes of Rihanna making a big mistake by following her heart instead of her common sense, and the implications on girls everywhere, who look up to her.
Read the post here.

Love can make us do really stupid things. But what happens when what you do can lead to someone being killed? Can you live with it? Thank goodness Rihanna can't and won't.

Here are some of the excerpts from her interview on ABC's Good Morning America which made news all over again.

"She explained: 'When I realised that my selfish decision for love could result in some young girl getting killed, I could not be easy with that part. I couldn't be held responsible for telling them "go back""

'Even if Chris never hit me again who is to say their boyfriends won't. Who is to say that they won't kill these girls?

'I just didn't realise how much of an impact I could have on these girls' lives until this happened. It was a wake-up call for me...

'Especially when I took myself out of that situation and I'll say that to any young girl who is going through domestic violence.

'"F" love. Come out of the situation and look at it third person and for what it really is, then make your decision because love is so blind.'


Well said, girl. So proud of her. It's a step towards growing up.

Which is more than what I can say for Chris Brown.

No comments: