baby growth

Nov 9, 2009

VALUE YOUR LIFE, DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE.

Less than a month ago, I wrote about 5 Things You Need to Know while Driving.

This morning I read about a terrible outcome from texting while driving. Read the letter below and I know you believe me when I say Javen here is lucky to be alive.

---


VALUE YOUR LIFE, DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE

REFERRING to the article “Don’t text and drive” (Sunday Star, Nov 8), I strongly urge drivers, whether experienced or just beginners, not to use the mobile phone while driving, especially texting. I met with an accident not long ago because I was texting while driving.

I lost control of the car, and it went straight into a dead end and hit a concrete wall. I suffered a broken bone on my shoulder and a swelling in my brain which, luckily enough, was not serious. And the car? It is a complete wreck now.

It all happened in a split second, and for the sake of a 10-sen message, it almost cost me my life.

If you think you are a driver experienced enough to be able to avoid this, think again. Accidents don’t discriminate. I have been driving for more than 10 years but a 10-sen message has cost me dearly.

Do not multi-task while you are behind the wheel. Concentrate on your driving and value your life and that of others.

JAVEN,
Kuala Lumpur.

---

No comments: