baby growth

Sep 9, 2009

The TnG Reload Saga

A saga that spanned 6 weeks and is coming to a close. Finally. And over what? RM100. It’s a sum that is not big, but it isn’t negligible either. And will I even get it back? The finale looks grim.

----
28th July 2009
The ATM reload was not working so I had to use the Cash Deposit Machine. It was only 8 am and an hour’s away from the busy transactions of MB bank.
“Damn machine took my money!”
My RM100 had disappear into the mouth of the metal beast. It regurgitated only a small piece of paper, the words already half fading away. I look at the contents.

Transaction Accepted
RM100 = 1 note

Old Balance: Rm16.65
New Balance: Rm16.65

Shouldn’t a fatal error sign pop up right about now?
I look at my TnG card, sighed and left for work.
----
Lunch time
“Fill in this form while I make a copy of that receipt. We’ll see what we can do. But you won’t get the money for another two days.”
Little did I know, when I smiled at him and replied “It’s alright.” that it would take a lot longer than two days.
----
29th July 2009
“Miss, we checked your TnG card and the value has already been reloaded.”
What? “No, it hasn’t. I just used it this morning!”
“But… TnG says that your card value is already more than RM100. Can you call them to confirm?”

Five minutes later…
“I reloaded the second RM100 just this morning (29th July). If the card value was correct and the reload at the card deposit machine was successful, I’d have more than RM200 in my card by now.”
What did they expect me to do? Wait for the first reload to come through? I need to get to work regardless of whether or not the system is faulty.
TnG: “Let us check and get back to you.”
You do that. Sigh…
---
30th July 2009
“Miss, we can help you apply for the refund if you can fax over a written report containing all the relevant details.”
Ok, then.. maybe now I can see my money.
---
Things were quiet. For two weeks.
---
14th August 2009
Details poured into my call to the TnG consumer careline.
“Can you check and update me on the issue?”
I hung up.
phone rings
“Miss, we need 30 working days to conduct the investigation and refund you the money. Please call us back after 30 working days or your check your account for the refund. Thank you for calling.”
She hung up.
30 working days. [Insert expletive]
---
Things were quiet. For a whole month. (I was playing it safe)
---
10th September 2009
Note: To recap, it had been 45 days/6 weeks since my RM100 note entered that machine.

I emailed TnG: Where’s the refund?
TnG: We already process and submit the refund to MB bank on 25th of August.
No one thought to inform me?
Me: But I have not yet received the money. Please advise.
TnG: (the obvious lar Miss) Call MB.
---
MB Bank Customer service: We have no record of your report.
WTF
MB Bank Customer service: Please call the branch and speak to the savings accounts officer.
I dialled the branch number. They placed me on hold. Then hung up on me.
Sigh.
----
What’s this?
Hello?
Miss … I’m calling from MB bank HQ. We have received your cheque from TnG.
You did?
Which account do you want me to insert the money to?
I was at the verge of thanking her when…
Oops. Can you confirm your Identification Card Number?
I gave her the number.
Miss. You punched in a different number into the machine.
So?
We need to conduct another investigation before we can credit the money into your account.
You gotta be f….
Or like this lar… why don’t you fax me the receipt [from 6 weeks ago] to me then I check on my end then I let you know when the money can be credited into your account.
Ok.
I hung up and rummage frantically through my documents.
Thank goodness I still have the receipt. I faxed my receipt over.
I sit down.
---
I feel so pissed about this.
I need to write.
Hmm..
Why not write about this?
Hmm.. good idea.
I sit and type… The TnG Reload Saga.

Update: Okay maybe I was in a dark and really 'soggy' mood but I got my money back already. It was banked in the day after I wrote this. But I've started shifting my money to my other bank accounts. Next I will take out my FD and the lousy returns the damn bank gave me over the past 10 years. Then, I will also not be getting any education funds from that bank or any of its subsidiaries for my daughter.

I do not feel safe with them handling my money no more and hence...
apart from credit cards and my salary, the bank will touch no more of my money.

Soggy mood still.

No comments: