baby growth

Oct 28, 2009

HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED SINCE YOU'VE WELCOMED YOUR FIRST BABY

My daughter is 6 months old today! This also means that it’s been six months since they’ve cut me open and made me a mom.

Wow, how’s that for putting things into perspective. And now… for more putting things into more perspectives:

How things have changed since welcoming your first child into your life.

1 You talk about the baby all the time. All the time.
Has he eaten?
Did you go get her diapers that were on sale today?
I think we need to pay the sitter already. Or did we pay her yesterday?

Conversations with your partner contains ‘baby’, name of baby and everything related to the baby.

That and tired, sleepy and hungry.

Can you get the baby? I need forty winks.

Thirty and I’ll take it.

Deal.

2 You feel like you have not slept in eons.
Actually it’s true.

Ever since Eva was born I doubt I’ve had a full 8 hours of sleep in one shot. I have to wake up some time in between.

Last Friday was the first day I had slept without my daughter by my side, she was staying the night at the sitters where we had a birthday for one of the kids. She had already fallen asleep and since we were going to drop her off anyways the next day, we thought we’d just let her sleep it out until the next morning. Well, that night I woke up at least 2 times even though I knew she was not sleeping next to me and therefore would not be crying for milk.

3 Weight loss for the mama
You’ve either lost most of your weight, or you’re thinking of starting to lose weight.

I’ve lost inches but not any of the kilos. Can’t bear to look at any weights for the meantime but I’m getting there. I think.

Six months is a long time. But I doubt that I would put that much effort if it wasn’t for because I’ve put on the pounds due to the pregnancy. I think at this rate, I can go thinner than my weight before I got pregnant.

I wish lar.

4 Lagging behind at work for the mama and the papa
Well, what do you suppose will happen?
You’re not getting enough sleep.
The effects of the anaesthesia is still lingering in your system (old wives’ tale I know but there are effects to your memory and speech patterns).
You’re not as articulate as before.
You get slower.
You are slower.
And most of all, you want to spend every possible moment with your new child. Even if it means getting only 6 hours of sleep every night, with interruptions in between.

5 You can’t wait for her to grow up and called your mummy and daddy.
There’s got to be one good thing out of all of this. And when I hear my daughter call me mummy, that would be it.

Top that, MJ!

No comments: