baby growth

Oct 28, 2009

Leave (Pergi) by Aizat

This is the song Pergi (I Go) that can be found off the soundtrack of Talentime (2009) by Yasmin Ahmad. It is performed by Aizat and composed and written by Pete Teo, the powerhouse behind the 15Malaysia project.



Below is the song lyric to the song and a translation that I hope will do justice to the hauntingly beautiful melody of Pergi.

Pergi
Sayu terpisah
hikayat indah kini hanya tinggal sejarah
berhembus angin rindu
begitu nyamannya terhidu wangian kasihmu

hujan lebat mencurah kini


bagaikan tiada henti


kaulah laguku
kau irama terindah

tak lagi kudengari

kau pergi.. pergi..


sepi tanpa kata

terdiam dan kaku tak daya kau kulupa
apa pun kata mereka
biarkan kenangan berbunga di ranting usia

--

Leave
sad and separated
a beautiful story is now history
exhaling the wind of longingness
so fresh the scent of your love

heavy rains now pour

as though it knows no end

you are my song
that sweet melody i know
that i no longer hear

you leave.. left..

in silence, without words,
quiet and stiff, i cannot forget you
no matter what they say
let the memories grow on the branches of age
--

Note: I think that it is better translated as Leave instead of Go and since it is my blog and my translation I think it is okay to leave it as that.

No comments: