baby growth

Jun 26, 2009

June 26 - The world lost a legend.

June 26 - The world lost a legend.

There are few people who did not listen to Michael Jackson's songs while growing up. Ben, ABC, I want you back, She's out of my life, Thriller, Black or White, Remember the time, The way you make me feel, the Earth Song, Heal the World, We are the world and so many other memorable songs that span close to 40 years of pure entertainment.

His songs have been covered by so many artistes, listened by so many people, his dance moved copied by kids 5 years of age to 50 year olds.

His name is a soy drink here and yesterday I heard on the radio that it was a type of bread the mamak sell at the stall as well.

On my drive home from work yesterday, traffic was slow, I noticed. I myself was barely doing 70 on the highway because I was listening and savouring MJ's music on the radio. It had been like that since morning, since news of his passing spread across the nation. All the radios did tributes to him, played his biggest hits, asked callers to call in and tell the station how MJ reminded them of their childhood.

Then, there are people who say things like the children of the world are safe once more and he pulled one crotch too many as a reason for his early demise. It is not nice to speak ill of the dead but I guess there are many non-fans out there who thought it cool to speak ill of MJ's death.

But in truth, he was pretty much the most spoken about person in the world yesterday - June 26th.

We've lost so much these recent few years. Sigh, Heath Ledger, Steve Irwin, David Carradine, now Michael Jackson. Either I'm growing older or people are dying younger nowadays. Seems like both is true.

Do you remember the time...

RIP Michael.

No comments: