baby growth

May 13, 2009

Khalil 方大同

I am a fan of David Tao's music. Okay, maybe I was a fan. He practically stopped singing now, but why complain when you can listen to Khalil 方大同 (Fang Da Tong)'s music?

Here's a taste of one of his Love Songs.

Here is how I stumbled into his singing; 黑白 (
Black and White) is currently in the charts.

And this is from his latest CD, named Orange Moon.



It seems that he already has 4 albums, although I will not apologize for never having heard of him. Google his name and you will only find him mentioned in downloadable sites and forums. I know because I was trying to figure out why he has a Malay name instead of an English name as his artiste name. Particularly when he is not Malaysian.

Until now, I have yet to uncover why.

He really reminds me of David Tao's flavour, particularly Love Song because even if you don't understand the language, you will appreciate the melody of this song. Oh, and he not only sings his songs, he writes them. Another thing he writes, a blog! A quick glance and it's safe to say that he is one who is enjoying this particular phase in his life.

While you check him out, I'll keep looking for the reason behind Khalil. I have a colleague whose name is Khalil. He's bald, he wins the grand prizes of our office draw lots and he is a father of 2, or was it 3 already, children. I just thought it interesting to bring up. =D

EDIT: Singalong with Khalil. It's in English, so you can.

No comments: