baby growth

Apr 22, 2009

Biggest Loser (in the nicest sense possible)

My husband got me Astro so that I won't be so bored during my confinement, and so I can keep track of how uncle is doing with this singing competition. One of my favouritest channel has to be AXN because of CSI, Vegas, NY and Miami. Hallmark also got my attention through Without a Trace and also a reality show called The Biggest Loser.

Now, I am not one who follows reality shows. I don't even watch American Idol no more. There's only so much of the same thing that you can take, if you know what I mean.

But The Biggest Loser, it's probably the only reality TV show that I cry to. Okay, maybe hormones had a bit of an influence here but the show is seriously inspirational. The one I watched today was Season 3.

Contestants from 50 states all over the United States were brought together, had some of them eliminated, the remaining ones stay together in a ranch to lose weight in a 3-month plus competition. So the more you lose (in pounds) the bigger the loser you are and the richer you will be; $250k richer to be exact.

What is amazing about this show is the reality of it. You can see the change in the people who are in the competition and you see how well they have adapted themselves with their new body, their new thinking, how they are bettering themselves as a new person. Most importantly, you can see the reason behind them wanting to shed off those pounds from their bodies.

And I don't mean 10-20 pounds kind of shedding. The winner for the season I watched today, Erik Chopin, started out at 407 lbs, looking like this:

Before: 407 lbs

At the end of the show, he looked like ... this:


After: 193 lbs

Now tell me that that is not amazing!

He is a father of two and it was on his doctor's advice that he started losing weight because he was having health problems. His motivation to win this was so he could [live long enough to] "walk his girls down the aisle". You can't help but to feel proud of him for this achievement. I'm not sure if I myself could do what he had done, and that makes him the biggest loser (in the nicest sense possible).

2 comments:

LiLiN said...

haha!

was gonna blog about it too!
haha. i love tat show.
it's so sweet. keke.

i watched it with mom the other night,
i had tears in my eyes,
then mom suddenly went,
"elaine, scoop some icecream for me"
DNG!!!!!!

Mama Sing said...

I cried until fili-fele. I was rooting for Erik to win because I think that he really really wanted it and when he came through the paper looking like that, I said "He is definitely winning this!" This season, they're doing it couple style. Two in a group. Can't wait to catch it.