baby growth

Apr 20, 2009

Smart books

I read The Interpretation of Murder, written by Jed Rubenfeld over a year or two ago. I liked it the very the much.

Read me: The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld

There are plot twists, murders, analyses of dreams, logical reasoning of psychological symptoms and a main plot that can hold water. You can tell from the book that the writer has done research on it and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that he actually did a thesis about the subject before he wrote the book.

Perhaps that's why he wrote the book. Looking forward to his next project. If there is any. More people prefer to read chick-lit books apparently. Writers like Jed Rubenfeld are quite obscured by their choice of writing genres.


But that doesn't stop Jesse Kellerman from popping up with his genius work: The Brutal Art.

Read me: The Brutal Art by Jesse Kellerman

Apparently, the book also goes by another name, The Genius. Over here in Malaysia it is sold as The Brutal Art.

Yes, it deals with art and also with genius! (Speak it with oomph, people!) Okay maybe not so much on the genius, unless you count the writer. But the plot plays out well and he is the product of two crime writers of a previous generation: Faye and Johnathan Kellerman (confession: I don't know who they are, I will try to read their books if I can afford them - books are expensive in Malaysia, horrendously expensive. It's no wonder we don't read!).

I will not bore you or ruin the books for you by giving you synopses to what goes on inside the books. Read the blurbs (that's the short introduction at the back of the book for those of you who don't know the jargon of books) to be acquainted. I bought them based on the blurbs alone. I trust that you will use your judgements to read the books on your own accord.

Happy Reading!

Note this: Readers' discretion is advised as there may be disturbing elements in both books. I do not condone the acts that are depicted in the books stated, and you have been given fair warning.


No comments: