baby growth

Apr 26, 2009

Book Review: Trouble

I finally finished Trouble by Jesse Kellerman.


Summarised, I would say it felt like a chore instead of a leisurely read. It was an improvement from Sunstroke but there were just a few things that really got in the way of me liking the book, like how Kellerman drags his writings out for miles before getting to the staccato-like points. Then, there is the repetition through every chapter to show the characteristics of the antagonist.

I sped through like a bullet train after I arrived at the midpoint of the book.

I should have known to keep away when the blurb compared it to Fatal Attraction [dead giveaway there] but yeah, I was too entranced by his third book that I bought the book on faith instead of basing it on common sense. But don't take my word for it, check this link out for an avid reader's review of the same book.

Really enhanced my formula for locating good books to read: don't buy American. I do make a few exceptions but many a time, real life experiences enhances the strength of the formula.

Currently starting on a Nicola Upson's book: An expert in murder. She was born in Suffolk and read English in Cambridge, and the word Murder is on the title. What more could you ask for?

It's relatively thin. May have to bring this one to the hospital to finish it. If I can finish it. Dammit, hungry again. Food~~~


No comments: