baby growth

Apr 18, 2009

Start early

I went back to work last Friday despite being on MC to tie up all the loose ends. On my way out, after informing my two bosses that I'm taking leave starting Monday, I bumped into my Accounts manager who was asking about how I am and when I am expected to deliver.

I then brought up denephew and the fact that he is getting cuter and his vocabulary is improving.

"He would bump his little motorcar onto the side of my leg when I am putting the clothes out to dry, look up at a confused me, who would ask him "whatchu doing, brat?" only to receive two words - zou kai (move aside)."

It gave her a laugh first before she blinked twice at me and ask, "How old is he? Ei? He is about my daughter's age and he knows how to say zou kai? My daughter could barely manage papa and mommy." I neglected to tell her the full extent of his vocabulary.

But secretly, I'm glad we started out early, rather than when adults decide when kids actually start learning and when they should start teaching them words. I'm teaching Eva words the moment she can coo or make me feel guilty for letting her cry longer than 2 minutes for her milk. It's only fair. haha..

No comments: