baby growth

Apr 19, 2009

Squirming

Eva is squirming around in my belly.
She's squirming a lot.
She squirms when I'm watching the telly.
She squirms even when I'm not.

Eva turns in the middle of the night,
She also turns in the day,
But she turns a whole lot more,
When hunger strikes or is at bay.

It took 9 months to get here,
And I'm waiting a few days more,
To get her from inside my belly,
To the baby cot I placed next to the bedroom door.

She takes after her daddy,
and I don't just mean as in her surname,
She annoys and irritates me with her squirming,
As though this is all a game.

But all is fair in love and war,
She'll be my rival for her father's affection and more,
But something else tells me deep inside,
We're going to have a blast, Eva and I, that's for sure.

I'm just kidding. Gonna love the brat to bits. You can tell I'm getting irritated with the waiting. And she is squirming inside me while I'm writing this. Settle down!

No comments: