baby growth

Apr 5, 2009

So much crap to do

I don't usually leave things to the last minute. Okay, sometimes I do but usually it will be finished in time. Eva is testing that part of me now.

First of all, I gave myself leeway of about a week. Which means I bought the airfare for my in laws, to arrive a week before my due date. Just in case.

Then my doctor told me that it was to become
2 weeks before my due date. Which gave me a headache... because:

1 All my stuff at work - I've planned until only a week before and since I will be working until 4 days before my due date (one labour day and two weekend holidays), most of my work will be done 3 days before I take my leave. NOT anymore.

2 I am not getting a confinement lady because my sister in law and mother in law are coming over to help out. There are two pregnant ladies in this household: my other sister in law being the other 'lucky' lady. She's expecting a girl too... *claps with glee*.

But this means that if Eva comes early, my husband and I, we're on our own. And a
newborn is not something you can try to work around.

3 Most of my preparations are planned down to each day. This includes washing baby clothes and napkins, buying all the small items like powder and teats and watchamacallits, getting the baby cot ready, putting away my stuff to make room for baby stuff, stuff at work, schedules at work, procedures at work, etcetela, etcetera, etcetewa... There is an amazing amount of crap to do before a baby comes, you know?

Crap. Now' i'm beginning to worry.

No comments: